...and the contest is closed! Thanks everyone for the entries, judging will commence now.
Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the %communityrelations sponsored deviantART Related Collaborations Contest Where you have six weeks to work together on any work in the dA related category. A quick overview;
- This contest will be open to all mediums in the deviantART Related main category, as well as dA tutorials and dA avatars.
- It will run from today (3rd April) to May 15 2012. Your entry must be submitted between (or on) those dates!
- You can participate in three ways (see the bottom of this article for examples);
- Work on your own based on an existing dA related deviation (with their permission if needed; e.g. find a visual suggestion and make a browser script to make it work).
- Collaborate with another artist on a piece in one medium (e.g. make a stamp or devID together.)
- Work together to create two related deviations (e.g. a gallery skin design, and the coded version).
- Once you have your entry/entries finished, please send me a note with links/thumbs of your deviation!
- Not sure whom to work together with? Feel free to leave a comment on this journal (and of course see the existing comments!) to find a collaboration partner. If you can't find someone, there's always the option to work based on an existing piece.
- You can enter more than once, but only win once.
One main pair of winners will be chosen to both receive a 12 month deviantART Premium Membership from $Moonbeam13!
We will also choose two runner-up pairs, and both members of both pairs will all receive a 3 month Premium Membership from $Moonbeam13.
We'll also throw in some extra points if we decide there's enough awesome to have honourable mentions too Winners, runner ups and honourable mentions (if any) will also receive journal features by me on these groups, and various other Community Volunteers, other deviants and groups. If you win, Premium Memberships can be given in points or to another deviant if preferred (if so please mention this in your submission note).
- If you're not sure what some of the dA related galleries are, you can check in this article: The dA Related Categories which contains information and examples of all the sub categories.
- Besides the quality of the artwork, the judges will also look at its relevance to the dA related category and the rate of collaboration (i.e. does it look like you split the roles well etc.)
- Before sending me the submission note, make sure that both pieces have been finished and submitted, to the deviantART Related category (or if it's a tutorial, in Stock & Resources / Tutorials / deviantART tutorials, and if it's an avatar in Customization > Icons > Avatars > deviantART) and that the deadline hasn't passed yet. Also if you'd like to donate the premium membership to someone else or if you want points instead, make sure you mention this.
- If you have any questions I'll gladly help you with them
- Most importantly, have fun!