tl;dr: I've had an awesome year that's shaped my life and future in many ways. I wish you all a happy 2013.
2012 in reviewShort summary
2012 in numbers:
- Visited `Gwendolyn12 2x and spent ~7 weeks with her
- Boarded 20 aeroplanes as I visited 6 countries on 3 continents (almost all trips to visit deviants)
- Met at least 6 foreign deviants that visited my country
- Changed roles on deviantART 3 times
- Had 3 paying jobs and volunteered for 2 places
- Visited about 10 universities and considered 3 majors (and after the summer I started at the University of Amsterdam majoring in Informatics)
This year, month by month, with the deviations I posted in those months:
consisted of working. I'd been working in a supermarket full time for about half a year without break, and after a couple of months as CV for dA Related I felt at home in this role and ran Project Educate
. Aside that I spent a lot of time preparing for...
which started with a weekend with `fritsvandersloot
to Manchester to meet a lovely bunch of fellow Community Volunteers and $taff members. The rest of the month was much like....
...April which consisted of more working for two jobs and deviantART. My days off were all spent on visits to universities while trying to decide what to do next.
I also I also decided on my university and major; more on that is to come.
For July and August I was off. I had just quit both of my jobs, and I used the free time to prepare for going back to university in September, for two unrelated trips to Scotland, and for another visit to Ellen. I told you all about this in early...
, when I started university and wrote lots about the Life of a Bart
. Later that month my second role change happened; I was asked and accepted to become a Community Volunteer Mentor.
For the rest of September and...
...October I obviously spent a lot of time at university. So far I'm very much enjoying it!
started with a big surprise. I was invited for an internship
with dA! I was and am still incredibly happy and grateful for this and I'll tell more about it in a bit. I spent most of this month and...
combining my internship, university and some volunteering tasks that I can't resist doing still. The month ended with a wonderful Christmas with my family and grandma in a lovely place.
Tell me about something you are proud of that you did this year
On to 2013
And soon, 2013 will start! I don't really tend to do resolutions, but there's a few things I'm hoping to achieve;
• Pass all my subjects at the first year at university
• Doing more
to contribute to the world at large and its future.
• Get a new job after my internship (I almost wanted to write 'an equally fun job' but that'd be raising the bar way too high
'pretty cool' will be good enough, I'll still be a volunteer here after all!)
How about you?